Greek Coins Forum

Παρακαλούμε συνδεθείτε ή εγγραφείτε.

Σύνδεση με όνομα, κωδικό και διάρκεια σύνδεσης
Σύνθετη αναζήτηση  

Νέα:

SMF - Just Installed!

Αποστολέας Θέμα: Mexico 1927/6 1 Centavo (Επαναχάραξη χρονολογίας)  (Αναγνώστηκε 515 φορές)

Σίμος

• Επισκέπτης
Mexico 1927/6 1 Centavo (Επαναχάραξη χρονολογίας)
« στις: Οκτώβριος 06, 2015, 12:20:49 μμ »

Πηγή : United States Error Coins / facebook

Κάτοχος : Benjamin Allen

Ιστορία κατόχου : " My first share will be a coin that I purchased, not because I noticed anything special about it, but solely due to the year of minting.

My grandmother started me in coin collecting. When I was little, my mother would bring me over and my grandmother would dump out some Lincoln cents from her vintage glass water jar, hand me a Whitman folder, and tell me to find as many dates as possible. Kept me busy for hours.

Only later did I get to see the Mercury Dimes, Morgan and Peace Dollars, and, to my utter astonishment, her two gold pieces (a $1 and $5.) It was a hobby that I would leave for a bit while I was in the Navy, but would rejoin once I gained my freedom again.

One year, at a loss for an exciting idea for her birthday present, I hit upon the idea of finding as many coins from her birth year as possible. I went to the local coin shop and found a few wheats and a circulated Peace dollar, wrapped them up in an origami box, and gave them to her. She loved them! From that point on, I always hoarded coins for her birthday and Christmas presents.

This particular coin was one of those coins. The reason it is now in my possession is that she chose not to keep any of her coins when she moved into a retirement community this year, and she asked me to sell her collection for her. She insisted that I receive payment for my work, even though I protested, but eventually I agreed to do it in return for the pile of coins I'd given her as my commission.

It's been sitting in that pile for about 6 months, until I decided to look through them again this last week. I noticed something funny about the date...my vision is still top-notch...so I took a closer look. What I saw was really, really cool...so now I'll share it with you.

This coin is a Mexico 1927/6 1 Centavo. Apparently, when we compared my coin with a friend of mine on an online coin forum, we discovered that there are at least two different dies for this overdate, with the placement of the digits and the visible amount of the underlying 6 being the two key differences. My example is the more visible of the two."

Καταγράφηκε